Official Information CSPA 2021 Skydiving Nationals
|Aero Club of Canada
1710 Hickey Road Apt 506, Bldg 5
Saint John, NB E2J 3S6
National Parachute Federation
|Canadian Sport Parachuting Association
204 – 1468 Laurier Street
Rockland, ON K4K 1C7
Contact person: Michelle Matte-Stotyn
4680 rue Principale
Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes, QC, J0K 1K0
Contact person: Valérie Bisson
2.Aims of the 2021 CSPA Canadian skydiving championships
- To determine the Canadian Champions in each discipline
- To determine the national team who will be representing CSPA at the 2022 World Skydiving Championships (Eloy, USA)
- To establish new National Records
- To promote safety and develop competition enthusiasm amongst canadian skydivers
- To exchange ideas and strengthen friendly relations between sport parachutists, judges and support personnel of Canada.
- To allow participants to share and exchange experience, knowledge, and information.
- To improve judging methods and practices
- Meet Director – Marcel Faguy
- Chief Judge – Vera Asquith
- Chair of CNTC – Barb Davies
- Chair of Judges Comm. – Randy Holmes
4.Event Time Schedule
The following schedule is a general idea of the competition timeline. The detailed schedule will be made available shortly.
July 10th, 2021 (Saturday) : Arrival of Judges, Judges’ Conference, Registration and Official practice jumps. Some competitors’ briefing could be held in the evening as well as some competition draws.
July 11th to July 16th, 2021 (Sunday – Friday): Competition Jumps
July 17th, 2021 (Saturday): End of competition at 2 pm (last take off), Closing ceremony (if allowed by the Public Health recommendations, to be confirmed)
July 18th, 2021 (Sunday): Departure of competitors and judges.
- Dropzone is located in Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes, Joliette with a population of 2 600, which is located 65km northeast of Montreal, Canada
- Located on private airport of Lourdes-de-Joliette , CSE3
- Elevation: 350 feet
- Latitude: N46 06 34
- Longitude: W73 27 10
Recommended airport to fly in and out:
Montreal-Trudeau International (YUL) – 91 km from DZ
Average temperature: DAYTIME : 25°C NIGHTIME : 14°C
Average wind speed: 4-13kts (2-6m/s) West/South-West direction
Sunshine: 70% Rain: 15%
Sunrise: 5:17 am Sunset: 20:41
8. Entry Fees
Registration fees will be 150$ plus taxes per participant if registration is done before 1 month prior to the competition (June 10th, 2021) and 165$ plus taxes after that deadline, regardless of how many disciplines are competed in.
Entry Fees for Participants include:
– On site organisation
– Souvenir garment
As per Public Health recommendations, a closing ceremony and banket is not organized for this nationals. In the event of recommendations changing leading to the competition, an update will be made and banket tickets would be sold during the competition.
Event entry fees per individual are as follow (not included in registration fees). Please note that discounted bulk jumps will not be accepted during Nationals.
All categories listed in PIM 4A for the above disciplines will be open for registration and competition will be held provided sufficient number of competitors after registration (2 teams or competitors).
Selection events will get priority over non-selection events, which may not be held based on weather or time constraints. Non-selection events include: Style, Sport Accuracy, 8-way CF and 10-way Speed Star.
As per 2018 CNTC decision, Style is not included in the selection events. Parachute Voltige will NOT arrange for the judging equipment to be on site. If competitors take the necessary arrangement for the judging system to be on site, with advance notice, Voltige can accommodate them for competing.
|-Full-time DZ facilities
-Air-conditioned administrative building
-Packing area (30 x 50 feet) and tent for packing ( 20 x 60 feet)
-200 x 400 feet grass landing area
-2700ft gravel runway (Please call us before for clearance to land)
-Office space for Officials with Air-conditioned
-Bathrooms and 2 showers
-On-site café, beverages and snacks
-RV parking (no services)
|Twin Otter DHC-6
Exit Speed: 85-90kts
|Cessna Grand Caravan Blackhawk ( C208B )
Exit speed: 80-85kts
Dropzone open for jumping and training from May 1st, 2021.
30$ CAD per ticket – 5000ft
39$ CAD per ticket – 13500 ft
** Practice jumps are NOT INCLUDED in the entry fees **
We recommend all participants that plan to stay in a hotel to make their reservation as soon as possible. Many of the hotels on this list have a cancellation protocol in place in case of new travel regulations because of Covid-19.
In Joliette ( 15 min) :
A) – Hotel Château Joliette – 450-752-2525
Adress : 450 Rue Saint Thomas, Joliette, QC J6E 3R1
– 20 % off the regular price when using the code : Voltige-Nationaux parachute
B) – Motel Le Classique – 450-756-0588
Adress : 310 Rue de la Visitation, Saint-Charles-Borromée, QC J6E 4N7
In Berthierville ( 20 min ) :
C) – Days Inn – 450-836-1621
Adress : 760 Rue Gadoury, Berthierville, QC J0K 1A0
– 15 % off all the regular prices when mentioning Parachute Voltige and Nationals Canadian Parachuting Championships.
– AADs are mandatory for all jumpers except for Canopy Formation and Classic Acuracy
– Helmets are mandatory for all jumpers
– Rescuers on site
– Hospital within 18 minutes drive
|Centre Hospitalier de Lanaudière
1000 Boulevard Sainte-Anne,
12 km to Competition Site
15.Registration Form / Payment
Registration will be opened on April 1th, 2021, on the Voltige website. Registration fees will be 150$ plus taxes per participant if registration is done before 1 month prior to the competition (June 10th, 2021) and 165$ plus taxes after that deadline, regardless of how many disciplines are competed in.
Registration will remain open up until 30 min before the start of each event but the organisation comity strongly recommends that competitors register early on.
Rules for each event are available on PIM’s 4B available on the CSPA’S website.